register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 08-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #121
okaugust
And so this is Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300lbGorilla
You can bend far enough to perform that act on yourself? Have sparkie get some video and post it post haste.
RANDAL That's nothing compared to how my cousin Walter died.

DANTE How'd he die?

RANDAL Broke his neck.

DANTE That's embarrassing?

RANDAL He broke his neck trying to suck his own dick.

Absolute silence. Then...

DANTE Shut the hell up.

RANDAL Bible truth.

DANTE Stop it.

RANDAL I swear.

DANTE Oh, my god.

RANDAL Come on. Haven't you ever tried to suck your own dick?

DANTE No!

RANDAL Yeah sure. You're so repressed.

DANTE Because I never tried to suck my own dick?

RANDAL No, because you won't admit to it. As if a guy's a ****ing pervert because he tries to go down on himself. You're as curious as the rest of us, pal. You've tried it.

DANTE Who found him?

RANDAL My cousin? My aunt found him. On his bed, doubled over himself with
his legs on top. Dick in his mouth. My aunt freaked out. It was a mess.

DANTE His dick was in his mouth?

RANDAL Balls resting on his lips.

DANTE He made it, hunhh?

RANDAL Yeah, but at what a price.

Silence. Then...

DANTE I could never reach.

RANDAL Reach what?

DANTE You know.

RANDAL What, your dick?

DANTE Yeah. Like you said, you know. I guess everyone tries it, sooner or later.

RANDAL I never tried it.

DANTE glares at RANDAL. Silence. Then...

RANDAL ****ing pervert.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:20 AM   #122
rswebscan
Nada Como El Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCROOOSE!!
I have read Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Playboy and the FZ1OA forum;)

Isn't that list out of order?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #123
ion
n( . )( . )b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCROOOSE!!
I have read Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Playboy and the FZ1OA forum;)
70super has an educational video for you to watch.

and Bike magazine blows all the others out of the water. Too bad it's $10 a month.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #124
ion
n( . )( . )b

Ender's Game complete.

Speaker for the Dead is next.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #125
jloukes
Currently without Ride :-(

Quote:
If your an epic fantasy fan...

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time
George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire
Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth
Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen
Jon Marco's Jackyl of Nar
Stephen King's The Dark Tower
Though I wasn't too impressed with Jordan, Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule was very good as well.

I would also add Raymond E Feist to that list. Magician was fantastic! Be warned though, once you start them...

jloukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:45 AM   #126
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

Tribute to Robert Jordan...

Well, for anyone who was a fan of the Wheel of Time series, Robert Jordan passed away on September 16. I was checking to see if there were any updates on Memories of Light, his 12th installment (13 if you count A New Spring) in Wheel of Time, when I read the news. Sad indeed.

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose.... The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning."

Farewell James Oliver Rigney, Jr, you will be sorely missed.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:50 AM   #127
hooligan998
Save a life, grope your wife!

[quote=jloukesI would also add Raymond E Feist to that list. Magician was fantastic! Be warned though, once you start them...[/QUOTE]

He was one of the authors I was looking to read next. I have the latest two books in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series that I'm reading now.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #128
YankTar

My vacation reading was:
The latest and last DUNE book: Sandworms of Dune, which was better than I expected.

Also the latest Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus mystery by Faye Kellerman: The Burnt House--also very good. The whole series is fascinating starting with The Ritual Bath.

Plus the latest Arkady Renko mystery by Martin Cruz Smith, Stalin's Ghost. I'm a huge fan of MCS whether it's a Renko mystery (Gorky Park was the first) or something else.

Meanwhile, I read aloud to my older boy every night. We are now about 1/3 of the way through The Count of Monte Cristo--all 1200 pages of it!

Another author I'm a big fan of is Valerio Manfredi. We were flying home from Manchester, England and I was DESPERATE for something to read and stumbled across Alexander: Child of a Dream. It hadn't yet been published in the US and I went CRAZY trying to get the next volumes of the trilogy as soon as they were in print--even ordering from Amazon.UK to get them before they were available here. (BTW, your Amazon acct in the US will work on Amazon.UK--but the shipping is a killer.) So I've read most of his stuff--The Tower is next.

Finished the last Harry Potter within days of its release. Considering what a dog the Half-Blood Prince was, I was relieved by its quality.

Now I'm going back to some old favorites: Stephen Schuker's: The End of French Predominance in Europe: The Financial Crisis of 1924 and the Adoption of the Dawes Plan. I know it doesn't roll easily off the tongue but Schuker is one of the very best on the international finances of the interwar period in Europe.
Also going for Melvyn Paul Leffler's Origins of The Cold War. He's another awesome historian whose: The Elusive Quest: America's Pursuit of European Stability and French Security, 1919-1933 may be simply the finest history book I've ever read. The late Roberta Wohlstetter's: Pearl Harbor: Warning and Decision (1962) may rival it. Once you read Wohlstetter, you'll throw out all the nutty theories about FDR knowing about and not acting before the attack.

I haven't read Vonnegut in many, many years, and probably missed his last few books. Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse-5 were my favorites. None of the others captured me as they did.

I was also a BIG fan of Gordon Jennings (Aztec, The Journeyer, Raptor, Sparkle) but he stopped writing due to the misfortune of dying.

I'm also selectively reading more and more Wilbur Smith. He's got some FASCINATING novels. The Triumph of The Sun, about Khartoum, was the first, and I've got a lot to read.
YankTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #129
Skypilot
Full Canopies and Soft Landing

I'm currently working on The Beautiful Cigar Girl which is a biography of Edgar Allan Poe, absolutely fascinating book

http://littlehinduknives.com/index.html
Skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:10 PM   #130
Beachboy
Professional beach bum

I'm a constant reader and also watch very little TV or movies. Are you other readers that way also?
I tend to find an author I like and read most/all of their books.
In fact I just came back from the library where I picked up
P. T. Deutermann's Hunting Season and Train Man, along with a new release A Spy by Nature by Charles Cumming.
I recently went through all of the Randy Wayne White books and the Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child books, which I found very well written with good solid plots and quirky chracters.
Beachboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #131
sneeki2
Yeh, there is that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan998
Well, for anyone who was a fan of the Wheel of Time series, Robert Jordan passed away on September 16. I was checking to see if there were any updates on Memories of Light, his 12th installment (13 if you count A New Spring) in Wheel of Time, when I read the news. Sad indeed.

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose.... The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning."

Farewell James Oliver Rigney, Jr, you will be sorely missed.
Ugh...I loved that series. Well, no way that one is going to be finished. I sort of lost intrest in Goodkind's series, but if George Martin gets sick or dies, I think I may be right behind him.

I cant get enough of the Song of Ice and Fire series. Love the characters, system of magic (unsavory stuff), and the story. He needs to write faster.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/sneeki2/06fz1/
sneeki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:39 AM   #132
sneeki2
Yeh, there is that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan998
If your an epic fantasy fan, such as myself, here are some highly recommended series to read:

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time
George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire
Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth
Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen
Jon Marco's Jackyl of Nar
Stephen King's The Dark Tower

I have yet to pick up a Harry Potter book, but I have really enjoyed the movies so far. I need to just order the whole series and read it. I'm an epic fantasy geek, what can I say?

On the politcal side of things, I just finished Neil Boortz: Somebody's Gotta Say It.
Wheel of Time - Great series but ended for good now RIP - Jordan
Sword of Truth - Good also, but preferred the above
Malazan Book of the Fallen - Read the first and loved it. Hate that the books aren't linear in the story telling.
Jackyl of Nar - Read the first and it was pretty good.
Song of Ice and Fire - Favorite of them all. Martin just takes too long to crank these out.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #133
bullrage22
That blackish holish thing

Wheel of time series was one of MANY fantasy based books I've read through the years. I YAWNED through most of it. I seriously tried to get into it, but it never happened.
I still have first additions sitting in a box somewhere. Some good titles, but haven't read fantasy for a bit. I may have to dig into the old box soon to see what's hiding.

The tolkien series was an active escape for me many, many years ago. I will always have a soft spot for bilbo..

Guns, germs and steel~ by Jared Diamond a very interesting book. It may technically be a long history lesson, but interesting just the same.
bullrage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #134
sneeki2
Yeh, there is that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrage22
Wheel of time series was one of MANY fantasy based books I've read through the years. I YAWNED through most of it. I seriously tried to get into it, but it never happened.
I still have first additions sitting in a box somewhere. Some good titles, but haven't read fantasy for a bit. I may have to dig into the old box soon to see what's hiding.

The tolkien series was an active escape for me many, many years ago. I will always have a soft spot for bilbo..

Guns, germs and steel~ by Jared Diamond a very interesting book. It may technically be a long history lesson, but interesting just the same.
Tolkiens stuff is ok, but I don't really like his writing style. I liked the movies better (cut away a lot of the fat from the series).

I guess depending on what you like to read, Wheel of Time could be boring. It just grabbed me the right way. Song of Ice and Fire is a grown up version of Fantasy. Since reading it, a lot of the regular stuff pales, and reads neutered.

I don't like much else besides fantasy though. I do dabble in sci-fi every once and while. I like some of the Warhammer books (good mix of sci-fi and fantasy).

Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #135
ion
n( . )( . )b

Finished "Speaker for the Dead" a few weeks ago, excellent book, better than Ender's Game, which should be read first. How far can I go with Card before he changes flavor?

Read a few short stories by Phillip K. Dick, then started "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein last week... so far a riviting plot and character development. I think ctfz1 read this book at one point and took away some writing notes.

and yeah, "Guns, Germs, and Steel" should be mandatory reading in HS, IMO.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #136
YankTar

While I have read LOTR many, many times (even aloud to my son) and love it, the BEST and funniest and shortest description I ever heard of it is....

Quote:
"...and they walked.....
Old 10-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #137
ion
n( . )( . )b

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankTar
While I have read LOTR many, many times (even aloud to my son) and love it, the BEST and funniest and shortest description I ever heard of it is....

Is that the description from "Clerks 2" or from one of yer young'uns?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #138
YankTar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion

Is that the description from "Clerks 2" or from one of yer young'uns?
Nope. Someone in my office said it many years ago. Since I first read LOTR in the late 60's, I've heard a LOT of things said about it. I'm guessing Clerks 2 is some sort of sit-com on TV? Fairly recent? I no longer watch prime-time TV shows, so I don't know.

Most sit-coms steal everyday ideas. A "few" years ago "The Saint" forgot something and said "I didn't forget. I just didn't remember." I found that hilarious...and five years later some sit-com used that very line.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #139
ion
n( . )( . )b

"Clerks 2" is a movie sequel in Kevin Smith's series. In one scene there is an arguement over use of the word "trilogy" in describing LoTR versus Star Wars, and one of the characters does a quick and hilarious impression of the LoTR trilogy as a pedestrian avoiding a few obstacles.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #140
Desmo
Mein Führer!

NYTS for language -

Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion