register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum

Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #7641
jredford
Musical Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaugust View Post

It was -18 here this morning. Brrrr.
Let's see some of those Texas bird shots!

2013 Ninja 300 Race Bike
2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
2006 sv 650 race bike
2007 CRF450X
2008 Honda Ruckus
jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM   #7642
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Quote:
Is that your Mrs? She looks awesome! Like nothing gets in her way and she's beautiful!
It's actually my ex-wife and yes she is beautiful and a beautiful person. We still get along fine and she often comes to my family reunions.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #7643
Lickety Split
It bejeezus me

Quote:

It was -18 here this morning. Brrrr.
That sounds absolutely dreadful. I think I would call in sick everyday until Spring.

Lickety Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #7644
Banzai
10,000 Years

6 of 7. Snow Gums.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow Gums.JPG (239.3 KB, 11 views)
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #7645
okaugust
2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredford View Post
Let's see some of those Texas bird shots!
You didn't really ask me to do that did you, because I could post bird pics forever and a day, but I'll throw a few more out. They are in trees right, so that counts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
It's actually my ex-wife and yes she is beautiful and a beautiful person. We still get along fine and she often comes to my family reunions.
That is wonderful. I'm in the "good thing the ex is dead" category, or our lives would still be havoc. My grandmother's twin sister passed away many decades ago, and her husband remarried, and he and his new wife came to family reunions of his deceased wife's family as long as they were alive. Great folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety Split View Post
That sounds absolutely dreadful. I think I would call in sick everyday until Spring.

Lucky me, or not, I work remote. I don't even have to leave the house. Though I will admit after about three days I start getting a little Jack Nicholson. When we don't have this much snow on the ground, I'll go for walks anyway, even in this cold. Snow boots! Ski pants! Three hats!

My annual selfie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
6 of 7. Snow Gums
Looks Dr Suessian!
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #7646
okaugust
2018!

Trees with birds or something.

Black Vultures, which you won't find out West or north much of AZ.

Not the most careful, but a surprise, a Least Grebe at Padre Island National Seashore. Only found in the very south of Texas.

Royal Tern

American Oystercatcher

Great Blue Heron

More Roseate Spoonbills

Swamp Sparrow, another one that is rare out West.

Common Gallinule

My karmic reward for going with Mike to the USS Lexington, Ruddy Turnstones on the jetty.

More to come...
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM   #7647
okaugust
2018!

I can't remember which ones I posted a page back, so sorry if I duplicate...

Golden Fronted Woodpecker

A terrible picture of a Chachalaca, but it was quick to dark into the brush once spotted. And I just like saying Chachalaca.

Olive Sparrow

Altamira Oriole

Long Billed Thrasher

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM   #7648
okaugust
2018!

White Eyed Vireo

Greater Roadrunner. This guy ran across the parking lot right up to me, about two feet away. I'm guessing he gets people to feed him.

Right after that I spotted and heard a Northern Bobwhite, but it was cold and wet, and Mike coming up behind me zipping his coat didn't see me frantically waving to stop and be quiet, and off it went. Ah, the joys of birding.

Green Jay

Harris's Hawk - a "lifer" for me, and another bird not found much far north, though one has been in Ft Collins CO all winter.

Greater Kiskadee

How you doin'?

Great Egret

Snowy Egret

Yep, I still make Mike come to a screeching halt at 75 mph and turn around on a four lane highway to get a snap of a Great Horned Owl. Even though they are all over my neighborhood.

Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #7649
jredford
Musical Metal

Wonderful shots - my favorite is the Least Grebe.

2013 Ninja 300 Race Bike
2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
2006 sv 650 race bike
2007 CRF450X
2008 Honda Ruckus
jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM   #7650
okaugust
2018!

White Crowned Sparrow

Northern Cardinal, which you won't find in WY except maybe on the far eastern edge of the state, along with Blue Jays, which makes you appreciate them all the more when you see one.

Bath time!

Pine Siskin

This Black Crested Titmouse was about my white whale this trip. At one wildlife refuge, two came to the feeders and as I was about to take the picture, a herd of 8 senior citizens disgorged from a van and came stomping off, off it went to not be seen again. The next day, I heard them at a state park, and quietly walked around the parking lot at they flitted around, but only got a lousy shot. Finally while looping a campground at Palo Duro Canyon I heard them again, hopped out and voila!

It was a great trip, despite most of the time having clouds, cold and bad light, and rain and fog and...I had three birds I wanted to see, Roseate Spoonbills, Green Jays, Whooping Cranes, and I got the first two. I do a lot of research to find out where we want to go, but I also watch apps like birdsnearme to see what is being found where, and we'll just go off plan and try a new place too. In seven days in Texas I saw 114 birds, 23 new to us. A few "lifers." Food was great, people were nice. Thanks Texas!
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #7651
okaugust
2018!

Ah shoot, a tree!

Sort of a tree?

Here I was scrounging around for tree pictures and forgetting what I took in the last week.

Taller than a tree

Here was a fun one. I saw a raptor chasing pigeons in downtown Austin. We were on the 15th floor of the Omni downtown. Finally it came in and landed about 10 feet from a guy who was just airing out on the roof of a building across the street. Lousy photo through our window which looked out Atrium windows too, but the man acted like the bird wasn't there, and the bird just looked curiously at the man. Cooper's Hawk. I don't think he was a falconer, the bird isn't banded and doesn't have a jess.

SRV and a tree!

They do exist!

And if someone can ID this for me, I'd be forever grateful!

When I was out on a little trail trying to get a pic of the titmouse, I found a strange patch of flora. There was leaf litter, some kind of fungus, and grass. I think maybe a spot people went at night from the camp spot, so I didn't touch anything. But I was intrigued by the blue round things. Plant or fungus?

That's all folks. I could spend a month down there!
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #7652
okaugust
2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredford View Post
Wonderful shots - my favorite is the Least Grebe.
One of my favorites as well. It's always a lesson to me on something like this. This grebe sits and looks almost like the more common to me Pied Billed Grebe. So much so I almost didn't take a picture. But I do, because about the time I think, "Oh, it's just a....." I get back with the pics and find something wonderful and different.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Members Video and Photo Forum