register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion

Old 04-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #161
Lickety Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
Once it gets into the 40s here people are rocking shorts and driving around with their windows down.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Just a month ago 70 was warm but it has been in the mid 80s to 90s with high humidity, so now it feels cool again. I'm trying to make you guys feel better. You are headed into nice weather for months while we are quickly headed into the furnace.
Lickety Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #162
Dicko
Way more sport than tourer

Last day of the sailing season here today, Still in the mid to high 20 Cs. Planned a long bike ride for tomorrow too!
Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain
Dicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #163
Stella Blue
Yucksamush

We had a beautiful but very windy day yesterday with a high of 85. Today it’s also beautiful, but only in the 60’s. Much less windy and Carolina blue skies.
Stella Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #164
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Over 3 feet of snow fell in April at my house.
Now it has been in the 40s and 50s, soon to be 60s. Can see more grass than snow now.
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod Street Rod (*Not a real Harley)
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 (My favorite generation)

*My reply: If you dont like motorcycles that handle/perform as one should, then yeah...the V-Rod is NOT a real Harley.
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #165
sloowpoke

Mowed the lawn today... set under the oak trees cooling down in the shade afterwards, with a pitcher of lemonade. There was a nice breeze today :-)

regards,
Joe
sloowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #166
Cougar
Nerd Herder

It's in the 70's here, no wind, blue sky. Perfect.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #167
Cougar
Nerd Herder

It's 85 here for the next 3 days. I just turned the AC on for the first time this year.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #168
bplaxton

there is still (yes still) a patch of ice outside my garage. But the riding season has finally begun here
2006 shift red, TBR slip-on, cat gutted, modded flies, lars airbox, Ivan's ECU flash and map, DJ PCIII, AIS block, Blind Spot's fuel line, EXUP eliminator, speedohealer, ventura tail rack, HID conversion, throttlemeister bar ends, yamaha gel seat, Watsen Design signals, Satan666 adaptor & R1 shock, Fen Tubo SS lines.
bplaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:01 AM   #169
grommet
kinetic mentality

I was in Provo, UT over the weekend for my daughter's graduation. 81° and sunny on Saturday. Today it's in the 30's and a mix of rain / snow. Glad I missed that.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #170
Lickety Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
I was in Provo, UT over the weekend for my daughter's graduation. 81° and sunny on Saturday. Today it's in the 30's and a mix of rain / snow. Glad I missed that.
How was the ride?
Old 04-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #171
grommet
kinetic mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety Split View Post
How was the ride?
Nice. Thursday I did US50 from Canon City to Montrose, down 550 to 62, west to 145 and 141 into Grand Junction. The 62-145-141 part was new to me. Spectacular views and great roads. My wife picked me up in Grand Junction so I got to skip the mostly bone-dry and barren stretch from there to Provo.

Friday I only had time for a few runs up and down Provo Canyon. Very nice. Continuous 2-lane sweepers that get fun at around 85mph and require no brakes.

Ended up not riding at all on the way home, as my wife's back was bothering her and she didn't want to drive the stretch from Provo to the east side of the front range alone. So I drove and she relaxed.

Daughter is planning to stay in SLC so I'm sure I'll be going back. I wish the mountains in Colorado were wider.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #172
Lickety Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
Nice. Thursday I did US50 from Canon City to Montrose, down 550 to 62, west to 145 and 141 into Grand Junction. The 62-145-141 part was new to me. Spectacular views and great roads. My wife picked me up in Grand Junction so I got to skip the mostly bone-dry and barren stretch from there to Provo.

Friday I only had time for a few runs up and down Provo Canyon. Very nice. Continuous 2-lane sweepers that get fun at around 85mph and require no brakes.

Ended up not riding at all on the way home, as my wife's back was bothering her and she didn't want to drive the stretch from Provo to the east side of the front range alone. So I drove and she relaxed.

Daughter is planning to stay in SLC so I'm sure I'll be going back. I wish the mountains in Colorado were wider.
Cool. Yeah, 50 really exposes the mountain width issue. Riding North and South is a little better but I'm with you. Those 50 mile stretches of nothing are kind of a drag. At least you got to ride Gateway. I'll be doing that in June for the first time as well. I wish that hotel was not so cost prohibitive. See you in a few days Patrick!

Old 04-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #173
okaugust
Happy Happy Halloween

I even tried to call them and tell them that their hotel was now out of the price range of mere mortals. Also left a tripadvisor review about how I used to stay there, ride the horses, rent ATVs, swim, eat at their dining, I couldn't afford to anymore. They appealed and it was removed as it wasn't related to a stay. When you spend three nights in a hotel and it costs you $2000....and that could buy a used Civic, I just had to quit going. I guess I'm not the clientele they want, and they didn't have many folks there in the first place. It's too remote, too hard to get to for the rich folks who go to places like Aspen to want to see too. I couldn't believe they managed to keep it open when we were going, and I can't imagine it now. It's like, okay, if we are at 10% occupancy a night, let's triple the rate and it will be like 30% occupancy a night! Only we are surely now at 1% occupancy. It was one of my favorite places in the world too.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #174
bplaxton

We had ~18" of snow (accumulated on the pavement) on Oct 2-3. Crazy. Had more since and lots still around.
2006 shift red, TBR slip-on, cat gutted, modded flies, lars airbox, Ivan's ECU flash and map, DJ PCIII, AIS block, Blind Spot's fuel line, EXUP eliminator, speedohealer, ventura tail rack, HID conversion, throttlemeister bar ends, yamaha gel seat, Watsen Design signals, Satan666 adaptor & R1 shock, Fen Tubo SS lines.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #175
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplaxton View Post
We had ~18" of snow (accumulated on the pavement) on Oct 2-3. Crazy. Had more since and lots still around.
Location please.

*My reply: If you dont like motorcycles that handle/perform as one should, then yeah...the V-Rod is NOT a real Harley.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #176
LiquidSilver
Bad Cattytude

He must be near the North Pole.
We have been having nearly a month of 80's to 90's.
I haven't even given thought to pulling any A/C units out of any windows or turning on the heater pilot light. Usually done both by the first near frost in Sept.
Got Tomatoes still ripening on the vine, they get frosted and rot at about an hour of 35f .
If it had gotten cold already this would be Indian summer and it would only last 4 days not 4 weeks.
I'm calling it Augtober!

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #177
Todd S
I got into RR's pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
Location please.
I'm guessing somewhere in Alberta.

-T
Old 10-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #178
bplaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
I'm guessing somewhere in Alberta.

-T
yes Calgary

I don't think I've been out for a ride since first or second week of September. Weather has been unseasonably cold and overcast/wet for most of September and certainly early Oct.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #179
Torchsport
Deer Whisperer

Been rainy and chilly here as well the last 10 days. Gonna be in the 40s sunday for our dirt bike trip up north.
Perfect!!

Old 10-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #180
okaugust
Happy Happy Halloween

Wyoming....almost to Montana a week ago. It's raining and 37 now.

This is the view if you ever spend the night in one of our guest bedrooms....

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > "Off Topic" Discussion