register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Classifieds ( For Sale By Members ) > Classifieds ( FZ1 Related )

Old 06-23-2018, 04:53 AM   #1
justin125

UPDATE!! Overbuilt Gen1 r1 swap, AK20, muzzy header, Ivanís, carbon fiber....

$3800 for this bike and another parts bike with every extra part I have. I have titles for both bikes. I can ďdonateĒ the bikes to save you from paying sales taxes on them. I can make arrangements to trailer the bikes almost anywhere to meet a buyer if need be after a down payment.

PLEASE PM ME TO DISCUSS THINGS IF YOUíRE INTERESTED.

This is the only picture I have at the moment. It looks exactly like this but does not run because there is a rod hanging out the block. Complete R1 swap front and rear, traxxion dynamics internally lengthened the forks and installed their ak20s, r6 rear shock with custom mounts rebuilt/re sprung by traxxion to match the front, ivans pod kit, ported boots, muzzy header with custom mivv pipe, supersprox sprockets, carbon fiber pieces are real, throttle lock.... the list goes on and on.

I also have a parts bike, tons of extra parts. Radiator, carbs, etc. Clean titles in my name for both bikes. Both bikes have blown motors.

I know i will likely end up parting it out but as of right now Iíd rather try to sell as a package deal. I work 60+ hours a week, wife, kid and another on the way. So Iím very busy. I live near Baton Rouge LA. If anyone is interested in both bikes as a package deal Iíd be willing to meet almost anywhere in the country half way. Message me for those details.

If you want parts feel free to ask here but I will likely end up re doing the ad at a later date if I end up parting it out.

If youíre seriously interested in the bikes message me and we can discuss price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 89A844DE-B126-486A-9AD3-F1884EACB965.jpeg (161.1 KB, 331 views)

Last edited by justin125; 10-11-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Update
justin125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
iluvmyfz1
Just enjoy the machine....

Sorry to hear about the motor. They are typically regarded as "bulletproof", but nothing mechanical ever really is.

Definitely interested in the R1 forks with AK's. Also any of the real carbon fiber parts and the pod kit.

Let me know when you decide to part out and what you're asking for those and let's make a deal.

Thanks!
-'03 FZ1- "Xena"- Custom Orange/Red paint- FuzzyOne mirror mod- SW Motech QR racks- Givi E460 top- E21 side cases- SS brake lines - Scorpion slip-on- R6 shock- Throttlemeisters- Sargent seat- R1 shift arm- Custom sprocket cover- Cheap ass battery- Extended passenger pegs - Gauge of Eternal Coolness - Valtermoto Rearsets - HIDs -
iluvmyfz1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:37 AM   #3
cuda2832

If you decide to part out, definitely interested in the Muzzy header and Mivv pipe/can.
cuda2832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:28 AM   #4
grommet
kinetic mentality

Very nice setup. Sorry to hear of the motor issues.

Partly stabilized, partly curious.

Be your own man; don't be an owned man.

Some people would rather be dead than wrong.
grommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #5
theunderfighter
Resident Beer Snob

You'll likely sell the header/pipe, and the front-end, for what you'd be lucky to get for the pair of the bikes.
If you do part-out, I may be interested in the carbs w/ pods.
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:04 AM   #6
justin125

I have very limited space and time. Parting out would be the best to re coupe the most funds. But I’ll end up with a bunch of stuff that I would likely end up literally throwing in the trash. I built the bike with the intention of never selling it. But as we all know life happens and now it needs to go.
I have been out of the game for almost 2 years. So I don’t know what most of these parts go for. Guys that mentioned being interested in parts, if you would, please PM me what you think would be a FAIR offer.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:24 AM   #7
justin125

Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #8
fermic37

Another option, buy a used lower mile engine off ebay for around 1k. Spend an evening swapping it in, and you have your bike back.

That will be a lot less time and work over parting it out, and it will hurt your wallet less than selling a non running bike as a whole
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #9
BrothahHeffay

I hope you can swap in an ebay motor - if not I'm also interested in the headers.
BrothahHeffay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:31 AM   #10
CrazyBiker
Smooottthhh....

ebay motor wont be that expensive.. most likely around $500 if you are patient

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|GBR/Woodcraft protectors|Blue SS Lines|Motodynamics signals

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360į LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection

Hepco Becker Luggage System for both

CrazyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:37 AM   #11
reubswinks

If you have a non-stock seat, I would be interested in that.
reubswinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:41 AM   #12
justin125

As much as I would love to get another motor and swap onto the bike in a weekend, without going into my life story, I need to stay off of any motorcycle for a long time.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #13
kjm

I remember this bike and build, one of my fav first gens here!

Good luck with it!
kjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:31 AM   #14
justin125

Bump for finally listing a price.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:20 AM   #15
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

I gotta ask, partly cause I'm an asshat, partly cause I wanna know.............

Did you blow BOTH of these motors up and htfdydt?

WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #16
justin125

Lmao. No worries. Yes I blew up both of them. I’m very meticulous about keeping up with my bikes, cars,trucks,etc. I keep up with the oil changes and such religiously. But I also ride them hard. I blew up both of these from doing wheelies. After I blew up the 1st one I think I asked on here if wheelies would hurt the motor and everyone said no. So I assumed the 1st one blew because the bike was previously wrecked and something happened. Well after the 2nd motor popped I know for sure that it’s from keeping it on the back tire to long and starving it of oil.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #17
WileECoyote
Rebel Scum

Must be some long lurid wheelies.............

Best of luck.

WileECoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #18
wotnnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin125 View Post
Lmao. No worries. Yes I blew up both of them. Iím very meticulous about keeping up with my bikes, cars,trucks,etc. I keep up with the oil changes and such religiously. But I also ride them hard. I blew up both of these from doing wheelies. After I blew up the 1st one I think I asked on here if wheelies would hurt the motor and everyone said no. So I assumed the 1st one blew because the bike was previously wrecked and something happened. Well after the 2nd motor popped I know for sure that itís from keeping it on the back tire to long and starving it of oil.
Would probably depend on how far you rode the wheelie.

My wheelies are perfectly safe for the engine.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #19
cuda2832

Still in for the muzzy/mivv combo if you go the part out route
cuda2832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #20
justin125

Ive been on 2 wheels my whole life up until 2 years ago when my daughter was born. I used to do all kinds of trick riding and I can tote a wheelie as far/high as i want. I’m not your typical fz1 rider. I wanted the best of everything when I built this bike. Old school ease of wrench turning, comfortable for long rides, handles like a super bike but rides like a Cadillac and can do 100mph mile long wheelies on command is what this bike represents. I’ve owned lots of bikes and this one has hands down been my favorite. But priorities change and with the second kid due in a few days I could use the money more than a bike sitting around and it needs to be put to use by someone who will admire it for what it has become.

I really appreciate the kind words from you guys about the bike. I realize the price is more than the average running gen1 goes for but I figure with all that has been put into this one someone could have one of the best bikes on the planet, with a little extra time/money after purchase, for far less than what it cost to build just in parts, not counting my labor and keep in mind this is for 2 bikes and lots of parts. I don’t have the time or patience nor do I need the money that bad to part it all out. I will sit on it forever and build it back up in 5-10 years if I can’t sell as a whole.

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Classifieds ( For Sale By Members ) > Classifieds ( FZ1 Related )