register a new account, it's free!
fz1oa store
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion

Old 05-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #121
regder

Man, what a sexy bike. I'm so tempted to get one.

Unfortunately for me, I'm already living with a KTM, one that is super KTMey. I don't know if I have the mental strength to deal with another.

It's crazy to think I have owned three bikes from '06 and one from '07. The KTM has by far the lowest mileage, and infinitely more issues.
'06 FZ6 - 115k km, sold
regder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:14 PM   #122
YamahaMan444
Hide your daughters, Im single

How are the single cylinder Dukes I wonder? equally plagued? I would think since their dirtbikes are singles, they would've worked it out
Old 05-20-2017, 02:43 AM   #123
Allan P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Actually there is a non electric option available for about $150 but I will be ordering the electric one. I've also added a gas cap connecting tank bag and I've ordered the SW-Motech top box adapter for the Givi Monokey box that I have. I'm thinking of getting a taller screen for when it's cold.

Can the dealer set the clock to 12 hour rather that 24? That's kind of annoying to me. You CAN set the clock yourself but only in the 24 hour mode, at least on mine.
I read the user and work shop manuals and couldn't find any instruction on how to change the clock when we switched to summer time. The bike had just been in the shop for an oil change and the dealer apologized for not having changed the clock and told me that only the dealer can change it. I forgot to ask him to change it from 24h format to 12hr so it wasn't him who told me you are stuck with 24hr but its been remarked on by other owners on the web. Could you describe how you change your clock and I'll see if it works on my 2016?

I'm actually pretty pleased with my dealer who I think is really attentive. but the bike has many unique characteristics and they're learning too. The last 3k miles has been trouble free and perhaps the bike has stabilized now but only time will tell. Tomorrow looks like big storms here in Austin so no riding for me and I'm itching to get out on it again.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #124
MrVvrroomm
Wait for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E71oePF8j7A
Old 05-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #125
Allan P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVvrroomm View Post
Excellent

I took a brief look in that screen while exploring the bike but didn't scroll down far enough to see the clock settings. The first couple of thousand miles were also pretty full of issues and I don't think I would have trusted myself adjusting anything for fear of creating some other bizarre problem in a part of the bike that I thought was completely unrelated.

Its running great now but I know I'm going to have to develop some trust in it again and only miles will do that. I'm going to do the WCG in August and thinking of making a road trip of it across the US and if it survives that I may feel different about it and start pushing buttons again.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #126
Allan P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommet View Post
Weird. I can set the clock on mine. More primitive electronics no doubt.
It looks like its not an issue of more primitive electronics on your bike, but a more primitive rider on mine

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > General Motorcycle Discussion