click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Service & Maintenance > Gen 2 Service & Maintenance

View Poll Results: Replace the Rotor
Replace as a precaution. 23 69.70%
Buy fuel and ride 10 30.30%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2019, 07:18 AM   #61
okrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by evz View Post
Cheers fermic37, I changed the rotor and will probably make yet another tutorial on Youtube or something to let people know how to do it without screwing anything up (okrider's tutorial was very useful why did you unlist the video?)
Anyone with the link can still view it, my regular viewers wouldn't be interested, hence unlisted. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2aMT4E6bw
okrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:09 AM   #62
evz

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
Anyone with the link can still view it, my regular viewers wouldn't be interested, hence unlisted. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn2aMT4E6bw
No worries, it's a really helpful video that's all, I wouldn't have discovered it if I wasn't on this forum!
evz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #63
fermic37

I don’t think it’s listed. I’ve never been able to find it when trying to link it to Facebook instead of copperdawgs.

Just did a search now and your vid doesn’t come up
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #64
okrider

It isn't listed. That's on purpose. You must have the link to be able to see it.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #65
fermic37

It’s a better vid than copperdawg. Might as well list it
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #66
theunderfighter
Resident Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrider View Post
It isn't listed. That's on purpose. You must have the link to be able to see it.
Why you being so secretive??
theunderfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:42 AM   #67
okrider

Fine I'll list it. Because people who watch my other videos don't care about how to replace the stator rotor

It's public now. Share it with everyone!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #68
jd14771

Just wanted to chime in. My stator imploded while idling, and I was able to turn the bike of near immediately. Since there is a 3" square opening that connects the stator housing with the oil pan, you are garenteed to get magnetic shards of death ALL throughout your engine. Including, but not limited to your top end. So not only did I have to drop the oil pan, but I had to drop the whole motor to get the valve cover off. Moral of the story, replace it asap.
jd14771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #69
Ride521

I have a 2006 FZ1 and mine grenaded at 25,000 miles. I didn't realize this was an issue with these bikes. Should have paid more attention to this website. So long story short, the rotor did a grenade job. So one shop visit and $1200 later I had it back in my garage. No problems since. The added expense was due to dropping the oil pan to make sure there wasn't any "shrapnel" left in the engine case. REPLACE THE ROTOR! If your bearings are ok, it doesn't look like a very difficult job.
Ride521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #70
Duken4evr
Map Maven

Just replaced mine, old one was fine. Checked the bearings, they felt like new. Can peer a bit into the motor from there, it was all super clean and new looking. This video helped me greatly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoQ5ROywKto

The big trick is to use a long Phillips screwdriver or similar through the center port to hold the rotor seated fully in place when removing and installing the cover. Hold the perimeter of the cover with fingertips, as the magnets will pull the cover back on with some enthusiasm during final assembly. The good natured Limey in the video bled for the cause so you don't have to I also put it on a race stand and in 6th gear. After engaging the big gear on the crank, bumping the crank slightly via the rear tire helped to line it all up and get it to engage the inner gear. The bike purrs like always, and I am glad to have this task done, as it is become apparent to me that I will have my FZ1 for the foreseeable long term future, cuz I like it and it is simply not worth it to me to sell.

Just finished installing custom Stoltec Moto valving and Penske pistons in my Super Tenere's front fork cartridges and fully serviced the AER forks on my KTM 300. Watch out, I am starting to learn to do more stuff. YouTube is awesome. Might have to get a nitrogen bottle and do my own rear shock oil changes. It really is not rocket science at all

Wise man said - "Don't go bagger too soon".

Get your FI maps right here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nr...1_Map_Pack.zip

Akra full exhaust mindless stationary rev out Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UNYBqHd7M
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #71
Cougar
Nerd Herder

Oddly enough, my bearings went out before the explosion. They made a hell of a noise so I replaced them and the stator at the same time. Now have 56,000+ miles on it.
'06, Ivan's ECU Flash, PCIII, Scorpion Can, Airbox Mod, Wire Re-route, 16T, Speedohealer, Ivan's AIS Kit, Cat Skinned, Flies Swatted, EXUP Gone, Lower Fairings, EvoTech Fender Eliminator, Givi V35's and Top Box, SW-Motech Racks, FZ-6 Footpeg Rubber, Blind Spot's Fuel Line, Fren Tubo Brake Lines & Pazzo Levers, Luke's Seat Latch Mod, R1 Shock & Satan's Adapter, Duken4evr Fork Oil, R6 Throttle, CD Screen

Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #72
onewheelup

I have 67,000 km. No problems yet but thinking of changing rotor. Should I do bearings to? How do I change the bearings. Any videos out there on that? I’ve see. The rotor change. That’s easy. Any best place to order. Everything is so taxed and priced high here. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #73
barryc

I have a brand new rotor (oem) and the old one from my 06.
275.00 + shipping sound fair ? I have to find them in my garage if anyone is interested..
Old Today, 06:19 AM   #74
old sparks

I just received my aftermarket rotor from RMStator. Now waiting on my generator cover gasket from my Yamaha dealer...
old sparks is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > Service & Maintenance > Gen 2 Service & Maintenance