click here for fz1oa web site home page
register a new account, it's free!
email the fz1oa webmasters
read the fz1oa guidelines
read the fz1oa policy
open pat's fz1 site in a new window
open iowaz fz1 site in a new window
technical tips

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > FZ1OA Board Help & Suggestion Box

Old 12-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
Big_Dave
Gratefully Deadicated

Smile Fix Registration?

Numerous people, on Facebook, have expressed the inability to join this website. Either they are flagged as bots, or spam or just never get any type of response.

Can somebody possibly look into this? Would be nice if new FZ1 riders who are directed to this site for information etc could actually join and be active and contributing members.

Thanks, just my .02.
Big_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
Pat Glenn
Everything's Just Ducky

Due to the scourge of autobot spammers that try to infiltrate this site we have to approve each new member by hand. This is done in batches as time permits.

Further, each new member is informed not to post an image or link of any kind in their first post but some choose to ignore this and are automatically banned by the software as a spammer requiring, again, a manual lifting of the ban if the post is genuine.

It is regrettable that we have to resort to these measures but that is the state of things.

Pat
Pat Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #3
Desmo
Hello ladies...

So number one. There is nothing broken with the registration system. If they get a “spambot” notification they need to try a different browser. Solves that issue 99.9% of the time.

Two. For those waiting to get in, if you didn’t get an email confirmation check your spam folder. The number of people whose status is “awaiting email confirmation” in the database is typically very high. The system always sends the email. If you didn’t get it please check.

Finally. I usually go through the new registrations every few days when I get a chance.
I delete obvious fake accounts and spammers and then process accounts that seem legit. This is done to keep those dbags out of here.

If my pay increase would ever go into effect I’d do it more often. Pat has promised that increase is on its way since 2005. I’m hoping this is the year.

Finally. For all the new members who do get on the board every month virtually none of them ever post anything. They join, lurk, and leave.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
Big_Dave
Gratefully Deadicated

Well OK then. Thanks much for the replies. I'll pass on what you guys said to anyone complaining they cannot join this forum.
Big_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:13 AM   #5
fermic37

A lot of them are too lazy to search the forum through google anyway. 9/10 times when they go on FB and complain they cant log onto the forum and ask a question, I can find a detailed thread answering it, not even being logged into the site. Once I link them to that thread they go away and rarely say thanks.
fermic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:45 AM   #6
AndyW
Dumbass with a full PM inbox..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermic37 View Post
A lot of them are too lazy to search the forum through google anyway. 9/10 times when they go on FB and complain they cant log onto the forum and ask a question, I can find a detailed thread answering it, not even being logged into the site. Once I link them to that thread they go away and rarely say thanks.
This.

Which would you prefer?
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:54 AM   #7
bradd
Working away

We had all gotten together to chip in for a 10% pay raise for Desmo. Then we figured out 10% of nothing is nothing and went to the bar.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #8
gotfz1
Do you like gladiator movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradd View Post
We had all gotten together to chip in for a 10% pay raise for Desmo. Then we figured out 10% of nothing is nothing and went to the bar.
It's the Billy Preston math! Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:15 PM   #9
LiquidSilver
Fire is our friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradd View Post
I say we give him a 30% increase!
Or at least go to the bar again.

LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:31 PM   #10
rdcusmc

Bar!

2003 Blue FZ1 - Ivan's MB Jet kit, Akrapovic, GOEC w/remote and GPS, 07 R1 fork conversion w/6 pot brakes, R1 master cylinder, R1 rear wheel w/R6 caliper, Penske shock, Dirt Road seat, AIS removed, HID and LED lights, full Givi luggage, Galfer lines, chain oiler, Rizoma bar, cat-eye turn signals above headlights, grip heaters, factory lower fairings, air box mod w/high flow filter, Cometic thin head gasket, FazerPhil large gas tank mod.
rdcusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   FZ1OA Message Board > FZ1 & Fazer Owners Association > FZ1OA Board Help & Suggestion Box